FAQ's | StraightTalk Wireless
- What is so special about Straight Talk?
Straight Talk is a pay-as-you go prepaid wireless phone service that requires no long term contracts, no credit checks, no activation fees, no monthly bills and no age limits!
- Will my Straight Talk phone Roam?
No, your Straight Talk phone won't roam, you will be able to enjoy nationwide coverage on one of America´s best networks, at the same price of a local call!
- What type of Service Cards and Plans does Straight Talk offer?
Straight Talk offers a variety of plans depending on your needs. We offer three 30-day Service Plans: the $30 All You Need Plan with 1500 Minutes, Unlimited Messages plus 100 MB of data, the $45 Unlimited* Plan with Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Messages & Unlimited data*, and the $60 Unlimited* International Plan with Unlimited Nationwide Minutes, Unlimited Messages & Unlimited data* plus Unlimited* International calling to over 1,000 destinations and 400 minutes to call cellular phones in Mexico. We also offer 3 additional Unlimited* Plans which offer unlimited talk, text, and/or multimedia messages and data during 90, 180 days and 1 year of Service.
- How can I download ringtones and graphics to my Straight Talk phone?
To download ringtones and graphics to your Straight Talk phone, first you need to buy the ringtones and/or graphics of your preference online. Please go to www.straighttalk.com/MobileWeb, then enter your Straight Talk phone Number to browse or buy a ringtone and/or graphic. On the upper right hand side of the page you may select the "CLICK HERE" link below "Need Help?" to access the download tutorial for your specific phone model.
- Can I make international calls from my Straight Talk phone?
Yes, Straight Talk now offers Unlimited International Calling. For more info, go to www.straighttalk.com/unlimitedinternational or click here.
- Can I send international text messages from my Straight Talk phone?
At this time, the Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Precedent? (M828C) and LG Optimus Q? (L55C) includes unlimited international text messaging to the available destinations at no additional charge with an Unlimited Plans. For international text messaging destinations, select "Features"/"Text Messaging" on the left hand side menu.
- Where can I buy a Straight Talk Service Plan or a Service Card?
You can buy a Service Plan on our website at www.straighttalk.com/Refill or a Service Card at a participating Wal-Mart retailer. Please go to www.straighttalk.com/Retail to find a participating Wal-Mart store nearest you.
- How often do I need to add a Straight Talk Service Plan?
You need to refill your Service Plan every 30 days in order to keep your Straight Talk phone active. You can also enroll in Auto-Refill, which will automatically refill your Service Plan when you reach your Service End Date.
- How do I find my Phone Number?
Please go to www.straighttalk.com/phones and click on the "Learn More" icon below your phone to access our "Find Phone Number" tutorial in the "Getting Started" section.
- Where can I find my phone's Serial Number?
Please go to www.straighttalk.com/phones and click on the "Learn More" icon below your phone to access our "Find Phone Serial Number" tutorial in the "Getting Started" section.
- Which retail stores offer Straight Talk products?
Participating Wal-Mart retailers offer Straight Talk phones and Service Cards. Please go to www.straighttalk.com/ShopPhones to find a participating Wal-Mart store nearest you.
- Where can I use my Straight Talk phone?
You will be able to use your Straight Talk phone and our Straight Talk Services solely within our Straight Talk Service Area Map. Please click here to check our Service Area Map.
- What should I do if I am unable to make or receive calls on my phone?
Your line may not be completely Activated. Please call our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) for assistance.
- How do I keep my phone service active?
You can keep your phone active by choosing one of the following three options:
- Select Auto-Refill for monthly automatic deductions. Update and manage your information from your Account.
- Choose one of our Service Plans: The All You Need for $30 or one of our Unlimited*Service Plans: 1 month for $45, 3 months for $130, 6 months for $255 and 1 year for $495. Straight Talk also offers a 1 month Unlimited* with International calling for $60.
- Straight Talk RESERVE: This feature allows you to buy or add more than one card at a time. For the Unlimited* plans, your Service will refill on your Service End Date. For the All You Need plans, you can choose to add the card immediately or default it to your Service End Date. All cards/plans can be managed from My Account. Visit My Account and add a Service Card/Plan if you are running low on minutes, texts or MB. To see how it works, visit www.straighttalk.com/Reserve.
- What happens when I refill my Straight Talk Service Plan?
Every refill resets your phone's balance by the amount of the Service Plan. When you refill your phone with an Unlimited Plan, you will receive unlimited talk, text, and/or multimedia messages and Mobile Web Access on data-enabled phones for a 30, 90, 180 days or 1 year service period. When you refill with an All You Need Plan, you will receive 1500 Nationwide Minutes, Unlimited Nationwide messages, plus 100 MB of data for data-enabled phones for a 30 day service period. There is no carryover of unused service.
- What happens when I run out of minutes, texts, or data before my Service End Date?
You will still be able to use any remaining balances left from your minutes, texts, data and/or Service days. However, you may still choose to refill your Service with a credit or debit card at StraightTalk.com, by calling 1-877-430-Cell (2355), or by buying a Straight Talk Service Card at participating Wal-Mart locations. Any unused balances that exist at the time you refill your Service will not carry over or accumulate.
- Will I be able to make or receive calls while in Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands?
You will not be able to make or receive calls on your Straight Talk phone when you are located anywhere outside of the continental United States.
- What is "My Account"?
"My Account" is a feature which allows the customer to do the following:
- Refill directly
- Update billing information
- Update personal profile information
- Set up a PIN for Mobile Web transactions
- Enroll Auto-Refill
- Refill directly
- I do not know My Account username or password?
No worries, just click on the "Forgot/Get Password" section and follow the instructions to create an Account and to access your account.