Features - Text Messaging
- What is Text Messaging or SMS?
Text messaging is a quick and easy way to stay in touch with your friends and family when it's difficult to talk. You can send a message of up to 160 characters directly to most other wireless phones.
- How will I know if I have received a new text message?
When receiving a text message, your phone will display a message-waiting indicator (a closed envelope) on the top of your display.
- How will I know if I have sent a text message?
Your phone will display, "Message Sent."
- How do I write and send a text message?
Please go to www.straighttalk.com/Phones, click on the "Learn More" icon below your phone model, and go to the "Sending a Message" Tutorial in the "Messaging" section.
- How do I retrieve a text message?
Please go to www.straighttalk.com/Phones, click on the "Learn More" icon below your phone model, and go to the "Receiving a Message" Tutorial in the "Messaging" section.
- How do I delete a text message?
Once the text message is open, the phone will display the option to delete the text message. If it is an older message, proceed to your message inbox and delete the message.
- How much does the text messaging feature cost?
The $30 All You Need Plan offers includes 1000 messages. The $45 Unlimited Plan includes unlimited Text or Multimedia messaging.
- Can I send a text message to more than one person at a time?
Yes, by entering each person's phone number. A space must be inserted between each entry. Selected phone models also allow you to enter an e-mail address in the destination field.
- Can I send international text messages from my Straight Talk phone?
At this time, the Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Precedent? (M828C) and LG Optimus Q? (L55C) includes unlimited international text messaging to the available destinations at no additional charge with an Unlimited Plans.
- Do you have to have an ILD account to send an International text message?
No, you need to have a Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Precedent? (M828C) or LG Optimus Q? (L55C).
- How much does international text messaging cost?
No additional cost. International text messages to the available destinations are included in the Unlimited Plans on the Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Precedent? (M828C) and LG Optimus Q? (L55C).
- How do I send an international text message?
Dial 011+ country code + city code + destination number. For example, 011+502+2+2541258.
Using your keypad / keyboard enter 011+contry code + city code + destination.
- Where can I send international text messages?
For a list of available destinations,click here.