Getting Started - Activation/Reactivation
- How do I Activate my Straight Talk phone?
To Activate your new Straight Talk phone online, you simply need to go to www.straighttalk.com/Activate. You may also Activate your New Straight Talk phone by calling our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) from another phone.
- Will I be able to use my existing handset when I move to Straight Talk?
Yes, you can with the Straight Talk Bring Your Own Phone program. Visit our Bring Your Own Phone website at http://www.straighttalkbyop.com to check if your phone is compatible with Straight Talk.
- How do I Reactivate my Straight Talk phone?
To reactivate your Straight Talk phone please go to www.straighttalk.com/Activate. You will need to enter either a Service Card PIN or a credit or debit card with the Visa/Master Card logo, in addition to your phone information and zip code.
- How long does it take to get my service Active?
Your phone should be active within minutes; however the activation process may take up to one hour.
Your transfer of a Straight Talk Number when upgrading to a New Straight Talk phone may take up to 24 hours.
Your transfer of a Phone Number from your current wireless carrier to a New Straight Talk may take up to 7 days and in the case of landline numbers, transfers may take up to 30 days.
- How do I know if my Straight Talk phone is Activated and ready to use?
If your are able to make and receive calls, your Straight Talk phone is active.Keep in mind that upon completing the activation steps either through our website at www.straighttalk.com/Activate or through our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (1-877-430-2355), you will be asked to place a test call to confirm that activation was successful.
- How do I create a Gmail account on my Android phone?
A Gmail account (Google?s free email account from Gmail.com) is required once your phone is activated to access Gmail, Market Place, and Calendar. We recommend that a Gmail account be created, if they don?t have one already, in order to take full advantage of what Android offers. If you do not have a Google Account, the phone will prompt you to create one and will guide you step by step to do so.
You can also create multiple personal email accounts (Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, etc).
To create the accounts:
- Go to the Android Market.
- Download the desired Email application.
- Once the application is downloaded, you will need to sign in with your email credentials (username and password).
- After setting the sync settings, emails will begin displaying on your phone. NOTE: It can take between 15 ? 30 minutes to sync email to your phone.
- Once the app and email has been set up, an icon will appear on the applications menu.
IMPORTANT: Corporate email account set-up questions/issues (domain, etc) will need to be handled between you and the company you work for.
- How do I Activate my Straight Talk phone with a telephone number issued by another company?
You may transfer your telephone number from another company to Straight Talk. To port in your existing telephone number to your Straight Talk phone, the number you are porting must be active with your current service provider.
You need to request Straight Talk to port in your number, Straight Talk will process your request in your behalf. In order to request the transfer and initiate the activation process please go to www.straighttalk.com/Activate, and select the radio button option "Activate my phone with a number transferred from another company."
The transferring of your number to a new Straight Talk might take a few hours; however, if there are any delays from your current wireless carrier, the transfer process could take up to 7 days and in the case of landline numbers, transfers may take up to 30 days.
Your new Straight Talk will be ready to complete activation when your old phone stops working.
- Why does my phone display "No Service"?
The phone is not within the Straight Talk Service Area Map . An indicator light on your phone may display the word "Roam", "RM", or "NO SERVICE" on the screen. Please click on www.straighttalk.com/Coverage to view our Service Area Map.
- What should I do if I place the Activation call to my Straight Talk phone, and instead of it ringing, I receive a recorded message?
Please wait an additional 24 hours and try the test call again. You may have called before the Customer Care Center was able to Activate your phone. If the problem continues and you still receive a recorded message, call our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) from a phone other than your Straight Talk phone and the representative will assist you in correcting the situation.
- Will I need to add a Service Card if I am Reactivating my Straight Talk phone?
You will need to enter a Service Card PIN or buy a Service Plan to reactivate your phone. Please go to www.straighttalk.com/Activate and select the radio button option "Activate my phone with a new number or Reactivate with an existing or new number".
You will be able to reactivate your Straight Talk phone with the same phone number within 30 days of your Service End Date.
- Can I change my phone number?
Yes, you may change your Straight Talk phone number. You can contact us at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) to change it. You can use our automated system or speak to a Customer Care Representative.
- Can I reactivate my phone in a different zip code?
Yes, as long as Straight Talk provides service in that zip code.
- Can I change my area code?
The wireless phone number can be changed only up to 4 times per year. Please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) to change your phone number.