Getting Started - Adding a Service Card/Refilling my Account
- How do I add a Service Card to my Straight Talk phone?
You can add a Service Card quickly and easily by using one of the following options:
- Go to your Straight Talk phone's "Prepaid" menu and select the option "Add Airtime".
- Launch the browser on your Straight Talk phone and select the option "Refill My Account".
- If your phone does not have a "Prepaid" menu or the "Refill My Account" option, you can continue to go to www.straighttalk.com/Refill or contact our customer care center at 1-877-430-2355 to refill your My Account.
- How do I keep my phone service active?
You can keep your phone active by choosing one of the following three options:
- Select Auto-Refill for monthly automatic deductions. Update and manage your information from your Account.
- Choose one of our Service Plans: The All You Need for $30 or one of our Unlimited*Service Plans: 1 month for $45, 3 months for $130, 6 months for $255 and 1 year for $495. Straight Talk also offers a 1 month Unlimited* with International calling for $60.
- Straight Talk RESERVE: This feature allows you to buy or add more than one card at a time. For the Unlimited* plans, your Service will refill on your Service End Date. For the All You Need plans, you can choose to add the card immediately or default it to your Service End Date. All cards/plans can be managed from My Account. Visit My Account and add a Service Card/Plan if you are running low on minutes, texts or MB. To see how it works, visit www.straighttalk.com/Reserve.
- Where can I find my PIN number on my Straight Talk Service Card?
Your PIN is located on the back of your Straight Talk Service Card or on your register receipt. To read the PIN on your Straight Talk Service Card, simply locate the gray strip on the back of your card. Scratch off the gray strip in order to reveal your 15 digit Service Card PIN.
- Can I add Minutes, Messages & Data to another person's Straight Talk phone?
Yes, you may buy and add a Service Card for somebody else. You will need to add the Service Card online at www.straighttalk.com/Refill or by calling our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355).
- Why would my phone number be cancelled if I do not refill my account on time?
Straight Talk pays all charges to the carriers every month when we issue you a wireless phone number for your use. If you stop buying Service Plans or adding Service Cards or refilling your account, Straight Talk will stop paying the charges on that line for your use and will reassign that telephone number to a new Straight Talk customer. All it takes to get your phone Activated again is to add a Service Card or buy a Service Plan.
- Is there any charge for canceling Auto-Refill?
No, there is no cancellation or penalty fee. You can cancel anytime. Simply visit your Account online at www.straighttalk.com/myaccount or call 1-877-430-2355 to process your cancellation.
- What happens if I want to switch Auto-Refill plans?
When you want to switch from an All You Need Service plan to an Unlimited* Service plan or viceversa, simply call our customer care center at 1-877-430-2355. The representative will then change your plan and your Auto-Refill will automatically apply to that plan and reset the credit card charge from the date you changed the plan.
Auto-Refill is designed to keep you informed of any account activity and provides the following:
- Pre-validate: A courtesy pre-authorization takes place to confirm funds in your account prior to a charge.
- Credit card expiration alert: If your card is close to expiration, we'll notify you ahead of time so you can update your account information.
- Charge alerts: Receive advanced notifications of the date a charge will be applied to your account.
- What is the benefit of using Auto-Refill?
Auto-Refill is the best way to ensure that your Minutes, text and Service Days are used to their fullest potential. Since Auto-Refill takes place on your Service End Date, you?ll never be disconnected.
Set up online using your credit card at StraightTalk.com/AutoRefill or call our customer care center at 1-877-430-2355.