Policies and Procedures - Stolen/Lost Phones
- What should I do if my Straight Talk phone is stolen or lost?
If your Straight Talk is stolen or lost, please contact us at our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) to speak to a representative that can assist you.
- What is a cloned phone?
A cloned phone is a phone whose assigned number has been used illegally in another handset. In the event your wireless number is cloned, your Straight Talk may display "No Service." For your security, your Straight Talk phone number will be blocked from making any calls. Call our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) so that a new Straight Talk phone number may be issued at no charge.
- Can I reactivate my recovered lost or stolen phone?
Yes, as long as you can verify all of the contact information in the account.
- Why must I use a PIN in order to place a call in some areas of the U.S.?
Straight Talk is committed to detecting wireless fraud. Some areas in the United States require you to dial out on your Straight Talk with the use of a four-digit PIN. This requirement is for security reasons and will help protect your phone from being used by any unauthorized person. Refer to your operating manual to use the AUTO-STORE PIN feature that will allow you to store your four-digit PIN in memory. You only have to hit SEND twice when prompted by the tone in areas requiring PIN code usage.
- Can I transfer the remaining Minutes, Messages & Data I had on my lost or stolen phone to my new phone?
Yes, as long as the phone upgrade is completed before the Service End Date of your old or lost phone.
- Can I get a refund for the remaining minutes I had on my lost or stolen phone?
There are no refunds of unused Minutes, Messages, and Mobile Web Access beyond the Service End Date or due to a lost/stolen phone.
- Can I receive my call detail records?
As a prepaid wireless provider, call detail records may not always be available. Under some circumstances, however, you may be eligible to receive call detail records on a limited basis, but you must be able to prove you are the owner of the phone for which the records are being requested. Keep in mind that ONLY the account holder may request their call detail records.
However, if the phone number for which you are seeking call detail records is inactive, these may be released, if available, only with a valid subpoena or court order.
If you are an active customer seeking your own call detail records, you will need to provide the following:
- A signed, sworn statement, attesting under penalty of perjury that you are the owner/customer for the subject telephone number and that you request copies of your call detail records. The statement must include your name, full street address, telephone number for which you seek call detail records and Serial Number (ESN or IMEI) of the phone.
- A clear, legible copy of the back of the phone showing the Serial Number.
This documentation must be sent via mail or fax to:
TracFone Wireless, Inc.
Attn: Executive Resolution Dept.
P.O. Box 160340
Hialeah, FL 33016
Fax number: 1-866-809-7134
Upon receipt of your request, we will call you to confirm that you have requested your records and that you are the account holder in possession of the subject phone.