Products - Car Connection
- Can I install Car Connection myself?
Yes. Car Connection plugs into your vehicle’s OBD-II port. NO tools are required. In most vehicles, the OBD-II port is located above the gas or brake pedal. If you need help locating your car’s OBD-II port, go to http://mycar-connection.com/straighttalk/vehicle.
- How do I activate my Car Connection system?
To activate your Car Connection system, follow the instructions on the Straight Talk Activation Card that came in the package. The Activation Card has the Serial Number (IMEI) needed to activate your device.
- Can I add multiple vehicles on my account?
Yes. Car Connection will support up to 24 vehicles on one account, perfect for a large family or even a small fleet.
- Can I add multiple users to my account?
Yes. Car Connection will allow the administrator to add multiple users to the account. The administrator can control the access and/or permission given to specific users (or drivers) to view data for the vehicles without sacrificing specific settings that have been configured.
- How much data will the Car Connection system use?
Your Car Connection Elite system will transmit approximately 1-2 MB of data per month. Additional data may be used on your smartphone plan if you are using the mobile app to view your Car Connection features. Both the 1 month and the 1-year plans for your device support this usage.
- What Straight Talk Service Plans are available for Car Connection?
Straight Talk currently offers two service plans for the Car Connection system. The first is a Monthly, No-Contract Service Plan (30 access days) for $10. The second is an Annual, No-Contract Service Plan (365 access days) for $100.
If you would like to keep your service active, remember to refill the plan of your choice before your Service End Date. To refill, log into your StraightTalk.com account or call our Customer Care Center at 1-866-812-2776.
- How do I purchase and/or activate the Car Connection?
The Car Connection system can be purchased through Walmart retailer stores, Walmart.com, or directly from StraightTalk.com. To activate your Car Connection system, follow the instructions on the Activation Card. The Activation Card has the Serial Number (IMEI) needed to activate your device.
- Is Car Connection available outside the U.S.?
No. At this time, the Car Connection system is only available in the United States.
- Do I need to charge the Car Connection device?
No. Once the device is plugged into your vehicle's OBD-II port, it will draw power from the vehicle while it is running. When the vehicle is off, the Car Connection device will check in every hour and draw a small amount of power from the vehicle's battery (less than 20maH).
- What if I need to exchange my Car Connection device after it has been activated?
If you need to exchange your Car Connection system after it has been activated, you will need to contact Audiovox directly at 1-800-300-4550 (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. EST).
- If I have OnStar services, can I still use the Car Connection system?
If you have OnStar, you can still use the Car Connection system for features like vehicle location, geo-fencing, driving coach, and the fuel economy log. When the Car Connection system is plugged in, you will no longer receive vehicle diagnostic reports from OnStar. The Car Connection vehicle health feature will begin to send you similar information as the diagnostic reports from OnStar.
- How do I set up to receive alert notifications?
Be sure that the recipient(s) you want to receive alerts is/are added to the account under the Add User Section. The notifications will be sent to the email and phone number provided within the user account setup. From the main screen> Go to “Settings” > Go to the “Change Notifications” page.
- How do I change the name of my vehicle?
From the main menu, click on “Settings” > Go to “Vehicle Info”> “Edit Vehicle Information.” You can also add a photo to your profile.
- Why am I not receiving any alert notifications?
Be sure that the recipient(s) you want to receive alerts is/are added to the account under the Add User Section. The notifications will be sent to the email and phone number provided within the user account setup.
To turn notifications ON/OFF: From the main screen> Go to “Settings” > Go to the “Change Notifications” page.
- I registered multiple vehicles on my account, but how do I access them from the website?
Simply use the drop down box labeled “Vehicle” directly above the vehicle profile on the main screen.
- If I have multiple vehicles on my account, will I receive notifications from any vehicle?
Yes. You will be notified if any zones have been triggered for all the vehicles on your account, provided you have attached alerts for each of them.
- Does the service plan give me unlimited use?
Yes. The service plan gives the consumer unlimited day-to-day usage of the Car Connection system in the United States during its service period. Car Connection will locate the vehicle every five minutes when the vehicle’s ignition is ON, and every hour when the vehicle is OFF.
- Will the Car Connection unit interfere in any way with the computer of the vehicle?
No. Car Connection has been certified to not interfere with the vehicle’s computer.
- Does the device communicate with the customer in the event that the device is no longer plugged in?
Yes. The device communicates with the customer when it is removed from the vehicle port. An alert is also sent to the Car connection web portal.
- Can I use the SIM inside the device in other devices?
No. The SIM should never be removed from the device. Removing and using the SIM included with this device in any other device is against the terms and conditions for this product, and is sufficient cause for termination of service.
- Does the device communicate the exact location in which the car is to the customer?
Yes. The device will communicate the exact location of the car as well as provide a map so that it can be seen.
- How do I install Zoomsafer on my phone?
This can be done once you have set up your account. At the completion of the guided setup process, you will receive an email with a link to download the Zoomsafer application.
*Note: The email must be accessed from your mobile or smartphone to facilitate the download. You must use the email that is specific to the selected phone. Only one email can be used for each Zoomsafer Account.
- Which email do I use when adding Zoomsafer during the setup?
Please use the email associated to the phone that you are selecting to add Zoomsafer. You can only use one email per device. Each device within your account will require a specific email. We suggest using the email associated with the specific phone using Zoomsafer. You cannot use the same email address for multiple phones and/or devices.