Products - Phones
- What phone models does Straight Talk offer?
Straight Talk offers a variety of phone models to choose from. Go to www.straighttalk.com/ShopPhones to view all the phone models available.
- Where can I buy a Straight Talk phone
You can buy a Straight Talk phone on our website at www.straighttalk.com/ShopPhones or at a participating Wal-Mart retailer.
- Where can I find information on my phone's functions and features?
Please visit www.straighttalk.com/Phones and select your phone model for a tutorial.
- How do I make a call?
Simply dial the phone number you wish to call and press "SEND" or "CALL" depending on your phone model.
- How do I receive a call?
To answer a call press the answer key, "SEND" or "CALL", depending on your phone model.
- Where can I find my phone's Serial Number?
Please go to www.straighttalk.com/phones and click on the "Learn More" icon below your phone to access our "Find Phone Serial Number" tutorial in the "Getting Started" section.
- How can I get a user guide for my phone?
Please go to www.straighttalk.com/phones and click on the "Learn More" icon below your phone to access our Straight Talk PDF User Guide.
- Can I download ringtones for my Straight Talk phone?
Yes, for further instructions, please go to www.straighttalk.com/phones and click on the "Learn More" icon below your phone to access our Download tutorial in the "Browsing and Content Downloads" section.
- What additional features are included with a new Straight Talk phone?
All new Straight Talk phones come with text messaging, voice mail, caller ID, and call waiting.
- How do I unlock/lock my phone?
The lock code will vary depending upon manufacturer and model. For handset specific instructions, go to www.straightalk.com/phones and click the Learn More link that appears under your phone's model. You will be directed to a list of interactive tutorials that are specific to your handset. Once there, click the "Settings" tutorial, then select Lock/Unlock Phone for instructions to unlock your phone.
NOTE: For most phones, the default security code is 0000 or the last 4 digits of your Straight Talk phone number.
If your phone is an LG 511C and the phone remains locked after trying the default codes mentioned above, please follow these instructions:
- From the locked screen, press "Emergency". When the dialpad displays, enter # # 2 9 4 5 #.
- An "Information" screen should display. Then, under "Phone #," a 10 digit number will display. The last 4 digits of that number is the Lock Code.
- Now press the END key, then the Unlock button on the left-hand corner of the idle screen and enter the Lock Code.
If your screen is locked and asking for a PIN, PIN2, PUK or PUK2 code, please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-2355.
- What should I do if I move to another city and need to change to a new local number?
If relocating to a new calling area, simply call the Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL(2355) to verify whether the technology of your phone is compatible with your new local calling area. You will then be assigned a new wireless phone number.
- How do I check by balance and/or serv end date?
You can check your Balance and/or Service End Date at https://www.straighttalk.com/CheckBalance. You can also contact our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355). You can also contact our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) and select the option to check your Balance and/or Service End Date.
- How will I know if I have run out of minutes, messages or data on my phone?
Please check your Balance and/or Service End Date at https://www.straighttalk.com/CheckBalance. You can also contact our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355). You can also contact our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) and select the option to check your Balance and/or Service End Date.
- What is a Pattern Lock?
For Android phones ONLY.
A pattern lock is a unique way for you to secure your phone from unauthorized users.
To create a pattern lock for your phone:
- Press "Menu."
- Select "Settings."
- Select "Location & security."
- Select "Set up screen lock."
- Select "Pattern."
- Read the disclaimer.
- Review the phone tutorial.
- Create the pattern.
- Confirm the pattern.
NOTE: If the pattern lock is entered incorrectly 5 times, you will be instructed to try again in 30 seconds. If you forgot the pattern, there is an option to reset the pattern by signing into your Google account and re-creating another pattern lock.
- What is Swype and how do I use it?
For Android phones ONLY.
Swype provides an easier and faster way to input text. With one continuous finger motion across the keyboard screen, you can input over 40 words per minute.
- Touch screen
- Standard QWERTY keyboard
- Use finger or approved stylus
- Multiple languages
- Speed and accuracy due to built in intelligence
To configure the keyboard to Swype:
- Press "Menu."
- Select "Settings."
- Select "Language and keyboard."
- Select "Swype."
- Does my iPhone use a SIM card?
iPhone models 5C, 5S, 6 and 6 Plus do support a SIM Card. However, if your iPhone is a 4 or 4S, DO NOT insert a SIM Card into it. The iPhones 4 and 4S work on a CDMA network, so inserting a SIM card could alter your phone's settings and stop them from working properly. Please note this does not apply if you are using an unlocked iPhone with our Bring your Own Phone SIM card program.
- Can I use my old Apple ID and/or iTunes account with my new Straight Talk iPhone?
- Can I change the "Welcome note" on my phone?
This feature cannot be altered.
- What should I do if the phone number given to me during Activation does not match the number displayed on my phone?
Please call our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) to resolve this issue.
- Where can I see the Minutes, Text Messages and Data Megabytes I have available?
Where can I see the Minutes, Text Messages and Data Megabytes I have available? If your phone has a Prepaid Menu, you can see your Minute Balance and Service End Date by selecting the "Prepaid" option and then "Airtime Info," "Balance Info," or "Service End Date."
If your service is active with an Unlimited Plan, your phone will show "0.00."
If your phone does NOT have a Prepaid Menu, you can see your Account Balance and your Service End Date at http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/h/checkbalance. You can also call our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) and a representative will gladly assist you.