Products - Remote Alert
- I tried to activate the device using *228, and it ended showing 4 solid Red LEDs
For *228 to work, you must first activate your device with a Straight Talk Service Plan (refer to the red Activation Card found in your package). Please note the order of operations--*228 > Func should be the first command used, before anything else is done on the device (adding call numbers, SMS numbers, etc). Do NOT put the device into Programming Mode before entering *228 > Func. Also, check the signal LED-- is it solid green or blinking? If it is blinking, the signal may be poor, causing the activation to fail. You may need to move the device to a location where it can acquire a stronger signal. If the device shows 4 solid red LEDs, you can enter *228 > Func to try the activation process again.
- How do I know my device is on?
When the AX54N is powered up, the “power” LED will light up in solid green.
- How do I know when to change the battery on my AX54N?
The battery may require attention and need to be changed if the battery LED shows red. It’s recommended to leave the device plugged into the outlet at all times. The battery should be used only for back-up power.
- I paired my key fob with the AX54N but it doesn’t work
Make sure that when pairing the key fob, you use the special command that specifically pairs the key fob.
- Why can’t I arm or disarm from my smartphone App?
Make sure the phone number is programmed correctly in the AX54N as an SMS contact. Only SMS contacts will be able to use the mobile application to arm or disarm the device.
- How many sensors can each zone associate with?
The AX54N can pair up to 64 sensors/accessories.
- My motion sensors keep getting set off by my pet. What can I do about this?
The motion sensor can be modified to be less sensitive. Please refer to the Services Guide for instructions.
- What’s the password for the AX54N?
If unchanged, the default password is 1234.
- Can I change the default password to something else I can remember easily?
Yes. Please refer to the user manual for directions on how to change the password. The password needs to be 4 numerical digits.
- What do I do when the alarm is triggered, and there is an audible sound played on AX54N but I am not getting SMS or call notifications?
Make sure the phone number is programmed correctly in the AX54N. Also check that the “Signal” LED is either solid green or flashing green.
- Why can’t I arm or disarm from my mobile phone using text messages?
Make sure the phone number is programmed correctly in the AX54N as an SMS contact. Only SMS contacts will be able to use text message commands to arm or disarm the device.
- What text message commands are possible?
The text message commands possible are ‘silent alarm’, to have the device armed on silent mode; ‘arm alarm’ to arm the device normally; and ‘disarm alarm’ to disarm the device.
- I heard two beeps when I programmed my AX54N. What does it mean?
Two beeps mean the command was entered successfully.
- I heard three beeps when I programmed my AX54N. What does it mean?
Three beeps mean the command was not entered successfully.
- What do I do if the keys are not responding?
Make sure to wait for the AX54N to finish the power-up sequence.
- When I try to enter Programming Mode, the device beeps and blinks repeatedly.
This happens if you try to enter Programming Mode when the device is already in Programming Mode. When in Programming Mode, the top 4 LED lights are solid green. When you are in Programming Mode and have entered a command, the device will beep two or three times (see the previous question). At this point, you can proceed to re-enter the command (if you were not successful) or enter a new command (if you were successful). The device will remain in Programming Mode until 30 seconds have elapsed, or until you press the Func key twice.
- How come the device beeps and blinks red repeatedly when I try to put it in AWAY mode?
Make sure that the device is not in Programming Mode. You can exit Programming Mode by pressing Func twice; then you should be able to put your device in AWAY Mode.
- Can I arm and disarm the device remotely if my mobile phone is not a smartphone?
Yes. As long as your phone number is programmed into the Remote Alert as one of the SMS contacts, you can send text commands directly from that phone. You do not need a smartphone or the smartphone app. See the previous question “What text message commands are possible?”
- I connected the battery to the motion sensor but the LED on the sensor does not light up.
The LED does not stay lit; it will blink green at slow intervals -- about 8 seconds apart.
- How can I tell if my motion sensor is on?
Make sure the battery is inserted correctly into the Motion Sensor. You should see a slow blinking green light every 5-10 seconds.
- When I try to program a phone number for calling, why do the bottom four LED lights keep flashing Red after every keystroke?
First, make sure you are in Programming Mode, which is when the top 4 LED lights are solid green. If you delay more than 5 seconds between keystrokes, you will need to start the sequence from the beginning. If the top 4 LED lights are already lit solid green, you do not have to enter Func 1234 Func again, just continue with the rest of the sequence listed on your red Activation Card.
- If there is a power outage, do I need to re-program my Remote Alert System when power resumes?
Normally, you do not need to re-program your system; HOWEVER, after any power interruption, you should test the device to ensure your settings are intact. See the Services Guide for instructions.
- If I am past my Service End Date and then I reactivate, will I need to re-program my Remote Alert System?
No. Once you purchase and add a new Service Plan, you only need to perform the activation sequence *228 > Func.