Products - Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot
- Where can I buy a Mobile Hotspot device?
Mobile Hotspot is available online at http://www.straighttalk.com or at participating retailers nationwide.
- What’s in the box?
- Hotspot device
- Wall charger
- USB Charging cable
- Activation Instructions
- Services Guide and User Manual
- Can I use my Mobile Hotspot to connect more than one WiFi device?
Yes. You may connect up to five (5) devices to your Straight Talk Hotspot at one time.
Note though that a single connected device will experience optimal speeds.
Performance will be reduced if multiple devices access data through the Hotspot simultaneously.
- Why does my device have a USB Port?
The USB port is for charging purposes only. USB port cannot be used to connect to external devices.
- What kind of devices can I connect to the Mobile Hotspot?
You may connect any WiFi compatible device such as a laptop, mobile phone, PC, tablet, etc.
- Where can I find my Mobile Hotspot Serial Number?
The Serial Number is located on the front of the red Activation Card. It can also be found on the bottom of the device next to MEID.
- How do I know my Mobile Hotspot Number?
You may find your hotspot number by logging into your Account from www.straighttalk.com or accessing your mobile hotspot web server portal main menu page.
- Where can I buy a Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot Service Plan?
Online at http://www.straighttalk.com, by calling 1-877-430-2355 or at participating retailers nationwide.
- Where can I find my PIN on my Mobile Hotspot Service Plan?
- Your PIN is located on the back of your Mobile Hotspot Service Plan—simply locate the gray strip on the back of your card and scratch it off in order to show your 15-digit Service Card PIN.
- What type of Service Plan does Mobile Hotspot offer?
1 GB Data (30-day), 2 GB Data (30-day), 4 GB Data (60-day), 5 GB Data (60-day) and 7 GB Data (60-day). Plans are for use with Straight Talk Hotspots only. Non-Hotspot Plans, for use with other Straight Talk products, will not work with Straight Talk Hotspots. Plans include data and Service days only. Voice, text and messaging services are not provided or included.
- How often do I need to add a Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot Service Plan?
Each Mobile Hotspot Service Plan is good for 30 days. For more convenience, you can enroll online in Auto-Refill by using a credit card or debit card and your Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot Service Plan will be automatically refilled on your Service End Date. You may cancel at any time with no cancellation fee.
- Can I buy and add a Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot Service Plan for another person?
Yes. Please note that if you buy a service plan for another person, this other person needs to have a Straight Talk mobile hotspot to use it.
- Can I remove the battery on my Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot?
No. The battery is integrated in the device. If you experience issues with the battery, please consult with a service representative to determine if your device is under warranty or not.
- What is the Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot battery for?
The rechargeable battery serves as a backup power source in case of a power outage, provided that the battery is charged and that the phone plugged into the Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot device does not require an external power source.
- How do I charge my Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot battery?
The rechargeable battery will be automatically charged by the Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot device as long as the battery is installed correctly and the device is connected to a power source.
- How do I know when my Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot’s battery is low?
The battery charge indicator light on the front of the Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot device will be red and blinking.
- How do I activate my Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot?
To activate your service, go to http://www.straighttalk.com or call 1-877-430-2355 from another phone. You will need the Serial Number located on the front of the Activation Card and a Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot Service Plan to complete your Activation. You can also purchase a Service Plan with a credit card as part of the Activation process. After completing the Activation, you will need to access the mobile hotspot web server to program it.
- How do I reactivate my Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot?
To reactivate your Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot, please go to http://www.straighttalk.com and choose Activate. You will need to enter a Service Card PIN, or use a credit or debit card to purchase one. You will also need your Serial Number and zip code.
- How long does it take to get my service active?
Your Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot should be active within minutes; however, the activation process may take up to one hour.
- Your transfer of a phone number from your current provider to a New Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot may take up to 2 business days, and sometimes longer in the case of landline numbers.
- How do I know if my Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot is active and ready to use?
Once you see “Activation Successful” once completing the program setup via the web server.
- Can I reactivate my phone in a different zip code?
Yes. Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot service has nationwide coverage on America’s largest, most reliable network. The new zip code must be in an area within network coverage.
- Can I change my area code?
- If you move, you can change your phone number to a different area code. Because this device provides data-only services, changing your phone number does not change your coverage.
- What are the Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot terms and conditions of service?
They are available at http://www.straighttalk.com.
- How do I check the status of my Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot exchange?
To check on the status of your Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot equipment exchange, please call our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-2355.
- How much will an exchange cost me?
- The exchange will be at no charge; shipping and handling are included.
- Does Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot offer refunds?
Purchases of Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot devices are refundable, but purchases of Service Plans (Service Cards) are not.
- What is a warranty?
- A warranty is a promise to replace your phone or accessory that contains a manufacturer's defect that hinders or prevents its proper operation.
- How long is the manufacturer's warranty on a Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot?
Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot offers a 1-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use by the purchaser.
- What is covered under the manufacturer´s warranty?
All Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot devices are covered under the manufacturer's warranty for up to 1 year from the date of purchase. Ensuing the Terms and Conditions on the Warranty:
A new Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot is covered by the device manufacturer's one-year limited warranty. A reconditioned Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot also has a one year warranty and all Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot accessories have a 90-day warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use by the purchaser. You may obtain warranty service directly from Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot.
- How to obtain Warranty Service:
To obtain warranty service on a new or reconditioned Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot or accessories, please contact Technical Support at 1-877-430-2355. If your problem cannot be resolved over the phone, our Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot America representatives will provide you with a Ticket Number, which you will use to send your device and/or accessories to the designated Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot Service Center for repair or replacement.
EXCLUSIONS AND CONDITIONS
This limited warranty does not cover damage or failure caused by abuse or misuse of the Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot phone and/or accessories. Straight Talk does not provide refunds. All applicable implied warranties, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the duration of this limited warranty, unless otherwise provided by law. Your limited warranty excludes all incidental or consequential damages, unless otherwise provided by law. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.