Troubleshooting - Text Messaging
- Why does my phone not have Text Messaging?
All Straight Talk phones are text-message enabled. When outside the Straight Talk Service Area Map that feature won't be enabled. To see the Straight Talk Service Area Map, please click here.
- What should I do if I am unable to send or receive text messages?
Verify that 3 to 5 bars are displayed on the signal strength indicator on the top left hand corner of the screen, and that the "You have insufficient funds to send message" is not on your display; otherwise, please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355).
- Why does my phone display "Text Message Not Sent"?
The attempt to send the Text Message was unsuccessful.
- Why was I charged twice for sending a text message?
If the phone exceeds the maximum size limit for 1 SMS then it breaks it into 2 or more SMS (depending on the size) and charges for each. The receiving party should also receive the same number of messages.
- What should I do if I am having problems sending/receiving SMS or MMS?
If you purchased an iPhone from Straight Talk and you are having problems sending or receiving SMS or MMS, first it is highly recommended that you back up your information. IF YOU DO NOT BACK UP YOUR INFORMATION, ALL OF YOUR PHONE’S CONTENT WILL BE ERASED. Now, go to “Settings,” “General,” “Reset,” and select “Erase All Content and Settings.”